Download and print PDF of Schedule
1. Valid United States Driver’s License.
2. Valid Social Security Card. In order to be valid, the card must be in original and good condition. Cannot be laminated. Cannot be a photocopy.
3. Acceptable Immigration Documentation if you are not a US citizen.
4. Any Employment Documentation required to complete the CRST Expedited driver application (unemployment records, tax forms for self-employment, notarized letters, etc.).
5. Voided Check for transfer to your bank accounts, if you want to do direct payroll transfer.
Download and print this Preparing - Documents
1. Clothing: October-March you will need warm winter clothing. We recommend that you bring at least one week's worth of clothing and do laundry once a week. There are washing machines located on site for your convenience.
2. Work boots/Treaded hiking shoes NO cowboy boots, NO smooth-bottom shoes!
3. Work gloves
4. Hat (Optional, but Recommended)
5. Sunglasses (Optional, but Recommended)
6. Battery Powered Alarm Clock or Phone with Alarm
8. Toiletries (Shower items, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.)
9. Bedding for the truck
10. Notebook, pen, etc.
11. Motor carrier atlas, truck stop guide, and calculator
12. Medications (if you are currently taking any.)
13. Bus or rental car confirmation number
14. Do not bring tools!
16. Money (For Personal items, Laundry we recommend at least $200-$300)
Download and print this Preparing - What to Pack
Transportation: If necessary, your CRST recruiter will order a bus ticket or rental car. If you plan on providing your own transportation please contact your recruiter for directions.
English Language: Drivers must be able to read, write and understand English.
Foreign-Born Applicants: Apart from proper documentation, your INS card must be current and cannot expire for at least six months.
Team Driving: CRST Expedited drives in teams only.
Hometime Policy: One day off for each week you are on the road with a maximum of four days off with the truck. You will be expected to be away from home for 3 weeks at a time. *Hometime varies based on division and route types.
Money: Enough to cover meals outside of what the orientation site provides, plus personal expenses.
Alcohol: We have a ZERO tolerance policy towards the use of alcohol.
Transportation: If you choose to leave the program you will be responsible for your own transportation.
Download and print this Rental Guidelines for Drivers
The main building is at 3930 16th Avenue SW, Cedar Rapids, IA. The training building is at 3750 16th Avenue, SW.
Call 1-800-366-8460 upon arriving at the bus station, for a direct CRST shuttle.
Return the car to the Cedar Rapids – Eastern Iowa Regional Airport 2121 Arthur Collins Pkwy SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 and then call the CRST shuttle at 1-800-366-8460.
Orientation starts at 7:00 am in Classroom 1.
Bring enough money to cover your evening meals and personal expenses for the length of your stay.
We offer breakfast and lunch, but dinner is up to you. There are many restaurants within walking distance of your room.
No. You’ll be on the road for approximately 28 days after orientation.
You should contact your recruiter with any questions. If your recruiter is unavailable, contact your orientation site.
At the end of orientation – 4 days.
3930 16th Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404